Sunday, August 17, 2014

Styling | The Lace Short

One of my favorite fashion key item pieces is the lace short. It is the perfect bottom: a hint of hopelessly romantic, effortless chic and dreamy fabric all-in-one. I have to admit, when these shorts became trendy I was not very convinced to purchase them because I thought it would be difficult to style, but hey look at me now, they are not at all. I love finding versatile key pieces and above all, one that is very comfortable to be in all day, so when I found these at my local Nordstrom I had to purchase them and instantly became a treasure to my wardrobe. The possibilities to style these are endless: from casual boho-chic to romantic and ethereal elegance. 



                                         
 - Boho Chic -

                                             

This outfit will actually be featured in a future post, but I decided it would also be perfect to use it for this post.
 During the day, I chose to go with an earth-toned outfit that reflects my gratitude for mother nature. Styling the all-white summer trend I matched my lace shorts with a sheer white tank top, a lightweight olive green cargo jacket and my B.P. Trolley ankle boots. To add in a bit of fun and a boho-hippie twist I wrapped a colorful scarf around my head and stacked my elephant pendant bracelet and rings. Comfy, lightweight & free spirited.

 Hopelessly Romantic -

For the evening, I was inspired by the evening ethereal summer glow that peers through the windows to go for a hopelessly romantic, yet elegant outfit. You know that golden hour that is often common in photography. I went for an evening stroll through the rose garden, having my lightweight trench coat hanging from one side and wearing my nude strapped heels for an added delicacy.

Don’t be afraid to mix up patterns, it is always fun adding a variety into your outfit. Here I styled the shorts with a navy blue polka-dotted cardigan and a pearl pink lace top underneath, leaving my cardigan a little unbuttoned to reinforce the hint of a romantic look. I left my jewelry simple but elegant choosing to add a gold watch, delicate ring and dainty pearl earrings. Oh, so lace-y! Quel merveilleux dentelle!


From | De ,
Nicole Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment